How to Upgrade from v2.0.0 to v2.1.0
This is a step by step guide to upgrade from Boost v2.0.0 to Boost v2.1.0
Boost v2.1.0 supports connecting multiple miners to a single LID instance. This would enable the SP to serve retrievals from all the connected miners via a single
booster-httpinstance. To enable this feature, we need to update our existing LID tables to add minerID to the piece metadata.
- 1.Pull the new stable release v2.1.0 or RC candidate v2.1.0-rcx
- 2.Rebuild the binaries with the new version
boostd-datain that order
boostd-dataservice first. If you are using systemd service files to manage the process, then please start it manually without using the systemd files.
The Postgres <CONNECT_STRING> will need to be updated to not use SSL mode. Otherwise, you might see error connecting to the DB. The updated connect string should like below
boostd-dataservice starts, it will throw the below error and quit the process
The database needs to be migrated. Run `boostd-data run yugabyte-migrate`
- 7.If you do not see the above error and process does not exit, then you do not require a migration. At this point, please skip to step 9.
- 8.Run the one time migration.
boostd-data run yugabyte-migrate --hosts <HOSTS> --connect-string <CONNECT-STRING> --miner-address <MinerID of connected miner>
Please ensure to use the minerID of already connected miner. Other miners can only be connected once the migration is complete.
- 9.Once the migration is finished (few seconds to 2 minutes), SPs using systemd to maintain
boostd-dataservice should also update their
connect-stringin the systemd service files.
- 10.Start the
boostd-dataprocess (or service) and start your
boostdinstance. Go to the UI and confirm that you can see your minerID on the top left side of the page and the LID page is being populated correctly.