This page details the Boost SP daemon - boostd
boostdexecutable runs as a daemon alongside a Lotus full node and Lotus miner. The daemon exposes a libp2p interface for storage and retrieval deals. It performs on-chain operations by making API calls to the Lotus node. The daemon hands off downloaded data to the Lotus miner for sealing via API calls to the Lotus miner.
boostdhas a web interface for fund management and deal monitoring. The web interface is a React application that consumes a GraphQL interface exposed by the daemon.
The typical flow for a Storage Deal is:
- 1.The Client puts funds in escrow with the Storage Market Actor on chain.
- 2.The Client uploads a CAR file to a web server.
- 3.The Client sends a storage deal proposal to Boost with the URL of the CAR file.
- 4.Boost checks that the client has enough funds in escrow to pay for storing the file.
- 5.Boost accepts the storage deal proposal.
- 6.Boost downloads the CAR file from the web server.
- 7.Boost publishes the deal on chain.
- 8.The client checks that the deal was successfully published on chain.
Boost exposes a libp2p interface to listen for storage deal proposals from clients.
Boost communicates with the Lotus node over its JSON-RPC API for on-chain operations like checking client funds and publishing the deal.
Once the deal has been published, Boost hands off the downloaded file to